Mama and Daddy like nothing better than to pretend they are in the Alps, by bringing out the raclette grill, buying a lot of cheese, potatoes and meat and eating as if they’ve been out in the snow skiing all day . There is nothing quite like gooey cheese melted over piping hot potatoes and… Continue reading Chamonix Spuds
Here’s a simple recipe for a slightly decadent but very delicious brunch. Mama is massive fan of sweet and savoury dishes, and this is the closest she’s going to get to the pre-veggie days of blueberry pancakes with streaky bacon. Mmmm. Anyway, our Very Berryicious Grilled Blue Cheese is yummy and seriously easy – let… Continue reading Very Berrylicious Grilled Blue Cheese
As I’m sure you’re bored of me saying, Mama is very big on routine. I’ve gone to bed at exactly the same time for the last 340 days (except for that one time in Portugal when we all went out for dinner and I sat up with everyone in the restaurant at 10pm and Mama’s… Continue reading Weaning Tips from a True Pro
The BigBabyBelly family never quite bought the trusty health visitor advice on encouraging me to eat the same food as them mealtimes from the age of 12 months. It’s not a case of me not wanting to eat their food, (MA-MA thinks I don’t know that rice cakes are not as tasty as the crisps they eat… Continue reading Wonderful Jamie and his Moroccan Chicken Kebabs
Our quest to find new breakfast options has become ever more pressing as I recently decided that I have to feed myself at all times, including when porridge is on the menu. This means that MA-MA either lets me spoon 1% of my Ready Brek into my mouth and the remaining 99% on my face/the… Continue reading Ice lollies for breakfast? Yes please!
I can’t believe I’ve gone over a month without bringing up the one thing that makes MA-MA less than perfect: her oh-so-strong hatred of the tasty onion. To MA-MA, this is a perfectly reasonable preference of which she is never, contrary to popular opinion, going to grow out of. To everyone else, especially her parents and Dadada,… Continue reading Friday morning breakfast challenge: shake-it-up scrambled eggs
Our weekday mornings follow an exact routine. MA-MA walks into my room at 7.15am where she finds me standing up in my cot with my little arms stretched out desperately reaching for her to give me….my milk. Yes, after 12+ hours of fasting, the only thing I’m interested in is eating, and woe betide anyone who… Continue reading Friday morning breakfast challenge: 2 ingredient pancakes